Kona Brewing Company’s Pipeline Porter is made with Kona coffee, making a great beer to pair with desserts. It is full-bodied, but not too heavy, and it is absolutely delicious paired with apple pie.
1 Hr 30 Min
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 1/2 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spray deep dish pie plate with cooking spray
- Combine white sugar, light brown sugar, flour, lemon, cinnamon, and mix well. Add apples and raisins to sugar mixture; stir until fruit is well coated.
- Spoon apple mixture into pie crust. Place second piecrust on top of filling, and trim edges. Lightly glaze top of pie with a beaten egg, then sprinkled with a little sugar.
- Bake till golden brown, about 35 to 40 minutes. Place on a wire rack, and cool 30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com